Baby care:5 reasons why crying is good for your baby
Whenever, a baby cries, mothers know that her baby is trying to tell her something. This ensures a smooth mother child relationship. While you try every rule in the book to calm the baby, not many mother’s know that crying is a good sign for the baby. Here’s why:-
1. The first cry- When the baby comes to the world for the first time, crying is a sign that shows the child’s arrival and is a welcome sign. Also, the first cry allows the baby’s lungs to open up and allows inflow and outflow of oxygen. This ensures the child’s proper growth. However, it is only the first cry that is good and should be encouraged. The first cry is a sign of good health.
2. Communication- Babies, obviously cannot talk, so crying is important. It helps in communicating. When the baby cries, one gets to know that the child is wanting something. It can be anything. Either the baby wants to be fed or is feeling uneasy in his diaper and wants its to be changed or simply, wants to be cuddled and wants mother care and attention. Crying is baby’s way of communicating to the world.
3. Psychological well being of the child- When the baby is being tendered to by the mother or by anyone, it helps in psychological well being of the child. This makes him believe that he is not alone. So, in order to gather other people’s attention , the baby cries. It is his way of approaching the world.
4. A form of exercise- Crying is a way of exercise. Whenever, a baby cries, just watch it closely. You can see its muscles stretch, and twiddle around, which ensures the baby grow up healthy as it gets good exercise while crying.
5. A way of draining stress and emotional baggage- Babies, one may not believe it do suffer from tension and do carry an emotional baggage. Crying is a way of destressing one self . Just like mature human adults, babies cry to destress themselves. This ensures psychological well being of the child.
The bottomline is one believes or not, crying is surely a good and healthy way of approach towards life. Just like adults, crying, sometimes does have good effects on the baby’s body. It helps in the physical, mental and emotional build up in the human beings. The first cry ensures that the lungs of the baby is opened up and allows healthy living. Crying is a way of the baby to communicate with the world around him or her. This is baby’s approach to the world around .